Five researchers from the School of Medicine at Trinity College Dublin have been awarded funding from the Health Research Board (HRB) and Medical Research Charities Group (MRCG) for projects that will improve the lives of patients living with motor neuron disease, cancer and blindness.
The five researchers were the successful awardees out of a total of 14 research projects through the MRCG/HRB Joint Funding Scheme.
The researchers are:
– Dr Deirdre Murray, Physiotherapist, Research Fellow, Academic Unit of Neurology, School of Medicine
– Dr Bahman Nasseroleslami, Senior Research Fellow, Academic Unit of Neurology, School of Medicine
– Professor Juliette Hussey, Professor in Physiotherapy, School of Medicine
– Professor Jacintha O’Sullivan, Professor in Translational Oncology, School of Medicine
– Dr Sarah Doyle, Assistant Professor in Immunology, School of Medicine